For less than a month, we will be soon become a family and we’ll be with our dear son Isaiah. But as early as now, I have been doing research on how to take care of a newborn.
Here are some Home Instructions I got from our pediatrician.
- It is important to expose baby’s skin to early morning sunlight (that’s between 6am-9am) for about 30 minutes.
- After the exposure to sunlight, have the baby rest for 30 minutes then give him a bathe with lukewarm water using mild soap and mild shampoo.
- Avoid applying powder, lotion or cologne on baby’s face to prevent allergy or rashes.
- Clean umbilical stump with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Burp baby after each feeding.
- Give water (boiled or distilled) to baby after each feeding.
- Bring the baby to the clinic/hospital if any of the following symptoms appear:
-Cough, Colds, Fever, Vomiting, Cyanosis, Diarrhea, Jaundice (yellowish discoloration of skin and sclerae.